Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Birthday, Stacey!


I won't say that Stacey was my least favorite babysitter growing up, but I did feel like she was the BSC member I had the least in common with. I didn't have diabetes, I wasn't "sophisticated," I hadn't lived in New York, and I didn't enjoy shopping, clothes and make up. About the biggest similarity between Stacey and me is that I like math (except geometry). It could be argued that I have even less in common with Claudia as I'm not Asian, I don't "do" art, and I always got good grades, but I guess that I knew girls who were like Claudia--but I didn't know anyone like Stacey.
As a child, I didn't really "get" the whole issue with Stacey's parents fighting all the time--possibly because most of my friends' parents were still married, and of the ones that weren't, their parents were closer to Dawn's (got along the best they could for the sake of the kids; a long physical distance apart) or Kristy's (one parent didn't know where they other was; bad financial situation) than Stacey's. I also know I don't remember there being quite as many times where Stacey felt stuck in the middle of her parents as I see there being now that I'm re-reading the books.

As I mentioned once before, most of the later books in the series that I haven't read yet are Stacey books. Most of her plotlines starting when she rejoined the club just sound so silly. But we'll start the month off with one I haven't read yet and hope there is something wonderful to mock inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment